There’s nothing quite like flowers to brighten up your day or your decor. Whether it’s a bunch of lilies or a posy of wildflowers, choosing the right vase can help make the prettiest display. With that in mind, here are ten vases that you can make for free, all built around upcycling the ever-versatile plastic bottle…
1. Take an old t-shirt, some glue and paints, and with a little effort you’ll have this classical creation.
source: Troom Troom on Youtube
2. Starting with the easiest, simply slice the top off a cleaned up bottle, tidy the edges with electrical tape, go to work with some spray paint and within minutes your vase is done.
3. This cunning project is perfect if you’ve got a stash of similar sized bottles—just strap them together with a rubber band and some washi tape and you’ll have the makings of a stunning floral centrepiece.
4. Bedazzle visitors by ornamenting your plastic bottle with beads and spray paint and no one need know that your vase isn’t a ceramic original!
5. These hanging vases do nothing to disguise their provenance but if you ask us that just adds to their charm—maybe consider decorating the lids for an extra finishing touch.
6. Grab some PVA glue, some colourful fabric, a hole punch and some cord to turn your bottles into cheap and cheerful hanging vases. Great for a summer party.
7. As much as we love simplicity, when the situation calls for something more elegant this cut glass effect shines. All you need is a craft knife, scissors and some patience as you weave those plastic slivers.
8. Saving the best for last, all this 3D printed grid of bottle caps needs is for you to screw in the bottles meaning you can spend all that spare creativity on your flower arranging.
Which of these would you try first? Or maybe you’ve got another method we haven’t thought of—why not share them with us in the comments below.